by Julianna Gąsiorowska

Improwizacja w moim wydaniu / Improv my way


After more than 3 months of being ill (two weeks at work, two weeks at home and such scheme repreated from January), we (my daughter and me) finally have been diagnosed with pertusis. At the end of this week I felt better and I started sewing (because how long man could do nothing?:). Piecing 3 hours project took me 2 days, but it's finally done. I enjoyed the process of slowly piecing the fabrics together, so it's even better that I wasn't able to sit in front of the machine 3 hours in the row.

/ Po ponad 3 miesiącach chorowania (dwa tygodnie w pracy, dwa tygodnie w domu i tak od początku stycznia), my (moja córka i ja) w końcu zostałyśmy właściwie zdiagnozowane (krztusiec). Pod koniec tego tygodnia poczułam się lepiej i zaczęłam szyć (gdyż jak długo człowiek może nic nie robić?:). Uszycie tego projektu powinno zająć 3 godziny, a mnie zajęło 2 dni. Ale proces powolnego szycia tak mi się podobał, więc może nawet lepiej, że nie miałam tyle sił by usiąść przy maszynie na trzy godziny pod rząd.


I didn't want to make any complicated project, I just wanted to play with fabrics and I decided to piece some squares and rectangles of favorite fabrics together. This is my version of improv quilting. I'm not a person able to make a real improv. I love quilts with odd shapes make by modern quilters, but this is out of my comfort zone and I like to have at least some sort of plan. I sat on the puf and I simply randomly added fabrics to make a bigger pieces. I didn't pay much attention to the colors and prints, however I narrowed my choices to my favorite fabrics (mostly designed by Anna Maria Horner). And I ended with colorway which I usually use. This is good, because top I made will match my Autumn spin wall hanging.
I prepared also the back for this quilt, but I'm not sure when it will be quilted.
And this is the photo of how it all started:

/ Nie chciałam szyć nic skomplikowanego, marzyłam o tym by po prostu cieszyć się tkaninami, więc wybrałam zszywanie prostokątów i kwadratów ze sobą. To jest moja wersja improv quilting. Nie jestem osobą, która potrafiłaby uszyć prawdziwy improv quilt. Podobają mi się takie quilty szyte przez inne osoby, ale taki rodzaj szycia jest poza moją strefą komfortu, więc improv w moim wydaniu obejmuje posiadanie planu:) Usiadłam na pufie i dodawałam losowo kolejne tkaniny do kompozycji by tworzyć większe części. Nie zwracałam większej uwagi na wybierane kolory czy wzory, choć ograniczyłam się do ulubionych tkanin (w większości zaprojektowanych przez Annę Marię Horner). I tak się jakoś złożyło, że na koniec uzyskałam moją ulubioną kolorystykę (w wersji ostatnio przeze mnie używanej, a więc wzbogaconej o brąz). To akurat dobrze, gdyż ten top będzie lap quiltem i będzie dobrze pasował do quiltu Autumn spin.
Przygotowałam też tył, ale nie mam pewności, kiedy uda mi się całość wypikować.
A tak się zaczęła moja przygoda z improv:


24 lovely comments / miłych komentarzy:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you and your daughter have been so sick! How awful! I hope you are on the road to recovery!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Sorry you have been ill but glad you are getting better :-)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Your quilt is looking amazing, the colours are beautiful! I hope you're both feeling better very soon :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Wow. What a quilt! I love the color scheme you chose. Feel better!!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. I love your quilt and I sure hope you are on the mend. We vaccinate for whooping cough in Canada, it can be very serious and last a very long time.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. I hope you are both feeling lots better.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Quilt bedzie piękny już teraz to widać :D
    A krztuśca współczuję - moi znajomi we Wrocku 2 lata temu też go mieli ;/ makabra, że te choroby wracają ;/ a wydawałoby się, że są już w zasadzie na marginesie - teraz nad morze powdychać jod i odpocząć!! :D a kaszel pewnie będzie jeszcze niestety was męczył przez jakiś czas ;/

    dużo zdrówka!! :*

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. My friends 12 year old daughter had whooping cough and it was terrible! I hope you are feeling better. We also immunise in Australia but in recent years some Mothers are not because they are afraid of side effects and the disease is coming back! Babies have recently died from this terrible disease!
    I love your quilt,Anna Maria Horner fabrics are a favourite of mine :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. Bardzo wesołe i niezwykle kolorowe zestawienie tkanin :) Wygląda obłędnie :) Życzę szybkiego powrotu do pełni sił :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. Cóż za eksplozja barw! Jeśli nasze prace są odzwierciedleniem stanu ducha to wcale nie jest z Tobą Julka tak źle :))))))
    Wspaniałe kąski umieściłaś w tym quilcie. Całość jest zachwycająca.
    Dużo zdrówka dla Ciebie i Twojej córy! Diagnoza postawiona, oby teraz było już tylko z górki :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. Hi! Sorry to hear that you have been ill - good that you have found out now what it is. I hope you get well soon. Your patchwork looks fantastic! Great Fabrics and colours! x Teje

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. I am so glad that you are feeling better, and I hope that you and your daughter will be completely cured in a very short time. Your patchwork is beautiful.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. Czasem z przypadkowo dobranych tkanin powstają naprawdę interesujące i inspirujące prace! Twoja jest bardzo ciekawa! Można się wpatrywać i wpatrywać i zastanawiać co autor miał na myśli... Lubię takie prace! Bardzo!
    Dosyć już chorowania! Zdrówka Wam życzę z całego serca!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. I hope you're both on the mend, whooping cough is not fun! I adore your patchwork, as always your use of colour is divine.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  15. I'm sorry you and your daughter have been so ill! I hope you will both be better soon!!! Your quilt is stunning, I love all the fabrics and the controlled improv. Beautiful! Also, with the word spring and those beautiful and strong patterns and colours it's perfect to mark a new season, both in nature and after a long and exhausting time of being sick!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  16. So glad you are on the mend after a long illness! Your improv quilt top is beautiful and so bright and cheerful :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  17. Jak się ma takie tkaniny to pół sukcesu... a dobór przypadkowy jest czasem lepszy od wielogodzinnego dobierania.. trzymajcie się wiosennie

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  18. Wielka, radosna, wiosenna twórczość :) bardzo pozytywna energia :) Zdrowiejcie szybko wszak lato za psem i szkoda czasu na choroby - trzymam kciuki :0

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  19. Świetny układ tkanin, Julka! Zapowiada się fantastycznie.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  20. So glad you and your daughter are on the mend! I enjoyed reading your blog and checking out your quilts. I have that magazine your hexagon quilt is published in! That is too bad you never got your quilt back:( Your improve is lovely!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  21. Congratulations to all those who watch for the success of this wonderful blog !

    voyance gratuite par mail

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  22. I love it! A site where you can not see the time go !!
    Thank you to you!
    voyance mail gratuite

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Veni... Vidi... Comentare...:)))

Dziękuję za pozostawiony przez Ciebie ślad!
W miarę możliwości staram się odpisać e-mailowo autorowi każdego komentarza. Moje odpowiedzi na blogu zamieszczam, gdy może to pomóc innym czytelnikom.

/ Thank you for your lovely comment!
If possible, I try to respond to every comment. I put my answers on the blog when it could help other readers.

>